On Wednesday, September 27, 2012 in Hollywood, California. we were honored with the performance of Kreator and the mighty Accept! When I heard about this show months before, I knew it was a must attend. Even though both are different heavy metal sub genres, I felt this would attract Kreator fans (especially the younger fans) to listen and enjoy Accept for the first time. Seeing both bands 2 years prior I knew we were all in for one helluva show.
Upon arriving at The Avalon, I could tell who was there to see Kreator and/or Accept by the various ages of fans that filled the venue. Unfortunately, I missed the opening band while having some drinks, but I rushed inside for Accept. Huge amps dominated the stage and the screaming roar filled my ears. Current vocalist Mark Tornillo is just as amazing as Udo.
They performed several newer tracks, including “Teutonic Terror” as well as the classics “Restless and Wild”, “Princess of the Dawn”, “Metal Heart”,”Fast As A Shark” and, of course “Balls To The Wall”. I felt the empowerment of the roots of Heavy Metal and the band was so confident on stage interacting with the crowd while fans were fist pumping in the air, clapping and headbanging.
It was loud and Accept put on a great show… I can’t wait for them to return.
IRON MAIDEN and OZZY OSBOURNE lead the pack with multiple nominations at this year’s Revolver Golden Gods Awards, set to take place April 20, 2011 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles.
Ozzy and Maiden’s Bruce Dickinson are up for Best Vocalist and both band’s guitarists and drummer, respectively, are nominated.
Iron Maiden and MEGADETH are up for Best Live Band and ACCEPT for Comeback of the Year.
The 2011 “Golden God Award” will be presented to ALICE COOPER, while THE RONNIE JAMES DIO LIFETIME ACHEIVEMENT AWARD will go to MOTLEY CRUE. The original Alice Cooper Band line-up will perform for the first time in 40 years.
Here are the nominees for all categories:
Epiphone Best Guitarist(s)
• John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE)
• Dan Donegan (DISTURBED)
• Gus G. (OZZY OSBOURNE, FIREWIND)
• Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance (AVENGED SEVENFOLD)
• Janick Gers, Dave Murray, and Adrian Smith (IRON MAIDEN)
• Alexi Laiho (CHILDREN OF BODOM)
Drum Workshop Best Drummer
• Tommy Clufetos (OZZY OSBOURNE)
• Abe Cunningham (DEFTONES)
• Joey Jordison (ROB ZOMBIE)
• Roy Mayorga (STONE SOUR)
• Nicko McBrain (IRON MAIDEN)
• Mike Portnoy (Ex-DREAM THEATER, AVENGED SEVENFOLD)
• Glenn Danzig (DANZIG)
• Bruce Dickinson (IRON MAIDEN)
• Chino Moreno (DEFTONES)
• Ozzy Osbourne (OZZY OSBOURNE)
• M. Shadows (AVENGED SEVENFOLD)
• Corey Taylor (STONE SOUR)
Affliction Album of the Year
• AVENGED SEVENFOLD, “Nightmare”
• BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, “Order of the Black”
• DEFTONES, “Diamond Eyes”
• OZZY OSBOURNE, “Scream”
• STONE SOUR, “Audio Secrecy”
• VOLBEAT, “Beyond Hell/Above Heaven”
Samson Zoom Best Live Band
• AVENGED SEVENFOLD
• IRON MAIDEN
Most Metal Athlete
• Chris Cole (pro skateboarding)
• Dan Hardy (MMA fighting)
• Toni Lydman (NHL)
• The Miz (WWE wrestling)
• Jeremy Shockey (NFL football)
• Mike Vallely (pro skateboarding)
Best New Band
• ASKING ALEXANDRIA
• BLACK VEIL BRIDES
• THE DAMNED THINGS
• THE PRETTY RECKLESS
• TIMES OF GRACE
• WE ARE THE FALLEN
Eagle Rock Comeback of the Year
• FAITH NO MORE
• A PERFECT CIRCLE
• SYSTEM OF A DOWN