Monthly Archives: March 2012
NASCAR invaded the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California on Sunday, March 25, 2012. As a huge fan, I try not to miss a race in my own back yard.
Every year before the race, the speedway always has a concert and this year it was Night Ranger. As we walked around the speedway track and infield, we made our way to the main stage where Night Ranger was already rockin’ the huge crowd. ‘Sister Christian’ was the song that was playing as we arrived.
The NASCAR fans were really into the performance singing along to the songs. The show ended with ‘You Can Still (Rock in America)’. In all, the band sounded great and they had lots of energy. They also sang the National Anthem before the race. Here a few photos of the show. -Ralph
KISS and Mötley Crüe held a press conference on March 20, 2012 to announce a co-headliner tour that will take them across the America this summer. Both bands took the stage at the Roosevelt Hotel Ballroom in Hollywood, California with KISS coming out in full gear. Mötley Crüe and KISS will each play full sets (about 90 minutes) and bring a full stage show.
Comedian George Lopez was a special guest who introduced the bands and said he will NOT miss the tour and plans to get, as he put it WASTED with legal and Illegal substances. Tickets for this tour go on sale Friday, March 23rd to the genral public. For more information, log on to kissonline.com or motleycrue.com. Special thanks to Liz and Greg at Live Nation and the staff at 10th Street Entertainment. Here are a few photos of the event… Enjoy. -Ralph
- Jul. 20 – Jiffy Lube Live – Bristow, VA
- Jul. 21 – Farm Bureau Live – Virginia Beach, VA
- Jul. 22 – Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion – Raleigh, NC
- Jul. 24 – Aaron’s Amphitheater at Lakewood – Atlanta, GA
- Jul. 25 – Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre – Charlotte, NC
- Jul. 27 – Cruzan Amphitheatre – West Palm Beach, FL
- Jul. 28 – 1-800-ASK-GARY Amphitheater – Tampa, FL
- Jul. 31 – Oak Mountain Amphitheatre – Pelham, AL
- Aug. 03 – Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Woodlands, TX
- Aug. 04 – Gexa Energy Paviliion – Dallas, TX
- Aug. 07 – Hard Rock Casino Presents: The Pavilion – Albuquerque, NM
- Aug. 08 – Comfort Dental Amphitheater – Englewood, CO
- Aug. 10 – Ashley Furniture Home Store Pavilion – Phoenix, AZ
- Aug. 11 – Mandalay Bay Arena – Las Vegas, NV
- Aug. 12 – Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre – Chula Vista, CA
- Aug. 14 – Verizon Wireless Amphitheater – Irvine, CA
- Aug. 16 – Sleep Train Pavilion – Concord, MA
- Aug. 18 – White River Amphitheatre – Auburn, WA
- Aug. 19 – Sleep Country Amphitheater – Ridgefield, CT
- Aug. 24 – Rock Jam – Grand Junction, CO
- Aug. 26 – BOK Center – Tulsa, OK
- Aug. 27 – Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre – Maryland Heights, MO
- Aug. 29 – Minnesota State Fair – Minneapolis, MN
- Aug. 31 – Riverbend Music Center – Cincinnati, OH
- Sep. 01 – Klipsch Music Center – Noblesville, IN
- Sep. 02 – First Niagara Pavilion – Burgettstown, PA
- Sep. 04 – Bridgestone Arena – Nashville, TN
- Sep. 05 – DTE Energy Music Theatre – Clarkston, MI
- Sep. 07 – First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre – Tinley Park, IL
- Sep. 08 – Alpine Valley Music Theater – East Troy, MI
- Sep. 11 – Allegan County Fair – Allegan, MI
- Sep. 12 – Blossom Music Center – Cuyahoga Falls, OH
- Sep. 13 – Molson Amphitheatre – Toronto, ON
- Sep. 15 – Darien Lake PAC – Darien Lake, NY
- Sep. 16 – Comcast Center – Mansfield, MA
- Sep. 18 – Toyota Pavilion – Scranton, PA
- Sep. 19 – Susquehanna Bank Center – Camden, NJ
- Sep. 21 – PNC Bank Arts Center – Holmdel, NJ
- Sep. 22 – Nikon at Jones Beach – Wantagh, NY
- Sep. 23 – Comcast Theater – Hartford, CT
“Welcome to the Jungle” should have been the theme song for the House of Blues this past Monday Night for the Guns N’ Roses show.
GNR packed the house! Tons of hot women and old looking rocker dudes! All out to be seen at the last private show of three for GNR. I was told by an inside source not to show up before 10:30pm. Right then I knew it was going to be a long night! and I was ready!
I did what I was told. Showed up a little after 10:30pm and so did Axle Rose right behind me! HA! I went straight to the Foundation room which you could literally not move an inch. I have never seen it so packed! Ran into the crew of VH-1 That Metal Show which was awesome being that I was just at their taping the day before! Made my way to the bar to throw back some Jack & Cokes. Now I am feeling great and the fact that Axl didn’t hit the stage till midnight, didn’t really bother me! It was well worth the wait because Axl Rose killed it!
The play list was pretty much the same as they played at the Forum back in December. I love that they play the song “Estranged.” That is one of my favorite songs on “Use your Illusions II.” Highlight of the night is when Axl Rose busted out a white baby grand piano to play November Rain. Everyone in the House of Blues sang along. Definitely a moment to remember. The band was still going strong well past 3am till they decided that was enough for the night. What a great show!
Only a Guns N’ Roses show could bring together Corey Feldman, The Olsen brothers, Sebastian Bach, and Lisa Marie Presley under one house! Crazy mix, good times and lots of leather and denim! For what I remember of the night it was an amazing show and a great vibe! Axl Rose is an excellent performer and sounded on top of his game! He was really into it and it shows! Thanks Axl, you ROCK!
METAL SHOP Rocks was once again invited to the taping of ‘That Metal Show’ Season 10, premiering on VH1 classic, March 31st with special guests Lars Ulrich (Metallica), Robb Flynn (Machine Head) and Mike Portnoy (Adrenaline Mob, Dream Theater). For this taping though, METAL SHOP witnessed guitar great from Iron Maiden, Adrian Smith on set for an hour session with Eddie, Jim and Don. For the second hour we had Lemmy (Motorhead) along with 2 members of Warrant, Jerry Dixon and singer Robert Mason. Jason Newsted (Ex-Metallica) was a scheduled guest as well but had to cancel at the last minute due to a family issue. Special guest guitarist was none other than UFO legend Michael Schenker.
Adrian Smith and the guys from That Metal Show discussed many topics regarding Iron Maiden and Adrian’s Side project Primal Rock Rebellion. When asked if he would tour with his new band, Smith said ‘no’… he does enough touring with Maiden. As for Iron Maiden, Smith said after this U.S. tour, they might hit the studio to do a new album. Make sure you check out the hour long interview, scheduled for April 21st on VH1 Classic.
Lemmy was the second guest of the show and The Metal Show hosts made him feel right at home with a nice Jack and Coke… “CHEERS FUCKERS” Lemmy talked about Gigantour and how he lost his voice for a few days, but we are glad to report he is doing great and looking forward to Mayhem Fest this summer. Jerry and Robert from Warrant talked a few minutes with the guys about the passing of Jani Lane and what Warrant is up too these days. Air date for this episode will be April 28th.
I want to give out a special THANK YOU to all the staff at VH1, especially Jay, Rafe, Mike, DJ Will, and everyone who work hard at the tapings for us metal heads to enjoy!!! Thanks for keeping Metal Alive! YOU ROCK! Here are a few photos of the show. Enjoy -Ralph Cartel